Thursday 7 February 2019

On Line Selling!


Every year, without fail, I decide that this is the Year Of Losing Weight! And about three years ago, while I was still volunteering at the local Hospice shop, a rowing machine came through our doors.....
Once it was processed and priced, I decided that this would help me to shed those unwanted kilos and end up with biceps and thighs like Cher.....
I love rowing machines. I love the rhythm and the freedom, sliding backwards and forwards in time to whatever song is in my head at the time! Many years ago I had a very dear friend who lost a leg due to Diabetes. I took her for physical training to one of our now-retired well-known cyclists, and while she was trying to balance on a huge ball, or  fight down her fear and tackle her crutches, I would happily row in the corner until it was time to take her home.
So, I bought the rowing machine! Rob and I wrestled it into the back of the Nissan and then staggered and shuffled up the stairs once we got home, where we placed it carefully next to the window. On I hopped to try it out.... but because our floor is wooden, the machine gradually moved across the floor as I rowed! I had visions of actually rowing down the stairs and ending up on the beach, so Plan B.
Next stop... the Hardware shop where I bought some non-slip plastic and once I had cut it and placed it under the machine, it worked. It wobbled a bit but stayed in one place!
But... It hurt my knees to the point where I just could not use it!
A rather dusty rowing machine in perfect working order!

And since then it had just glared at me as it gathered dust.
So, a week or so ago, I decided that it had to go. It, and a little washing 'machine' that I bought especially for camping and never used! In fact, it has never left the house as we go camping for a few days at a time and several camp sites have washing machines anyway. I did have ideas of using it during the drought that we had last year, but I had cut down so much on the amount of weekly washing, that I decided to just use the big machine and catch the water to put on the garden. Which I did.
Brand new...

So I now had two items for sale! Out with the camera and then onto a local Facebook page that is only for items for sale. A quick write-up, description, price, pictures and contact details, posted them and waited.
And wondered whether anyone would buy them.
I could not believe it! In a few hours, both the items had been sold, collected and gone and I had the money in my hot little hand! My daughter said that it was because they were too cheap, but I reckon cheap and sold beats expensive and unsold any day.
I am now looking round the house to see what else I can sell!!
There is an exercise bike upstairs that I borrowed from my neighbour.........

No comments: