Sunday 27 November 2016

Confessions of an Addict!

Hello. My name is Pauline and I am an addict.

I never thought that I would ever say these words, admit to friends, family and complete strangers, the fact that I have an addiction.

An addiction so strong that it colours my days, prevents me from doing housework (oh the shame), cooking (thank goodness), sewing and painting. I have abandoned my reading, I have not written a blog for weeks, I have neglected my garden and I ignore the pitiful calls of the starving cats. The ironing is piling up and the wash basket is full. My every waking minute is spent planning how I can relieve the withdrawal symptoms, how I can steal a few minutes between chores to lift the desperation that comes over me to get the next 'fix'.

And what am I addicted to? Drugs? Alcohol? Smoking? Gambling?

None of the above.

I am addicted to online jigsaw puzzles!

There, I have admitted it and I feel so much better!

And, I can put the blame for this squarely on the shoulders of Rob's sister Bev!


When she and John visited us in May to celebrate Rob's 70th birthday, she mentioned that she does the Daily Jigsaw Puzzle online. Now, I love doing puzzles, I blogged about it a while ago, so I was quite interested to have a look. But we were busy then with family, and then I had a wonderful whirl of visits to my sister and to Spain and Stellenbosch. So, it was only a few weeks ago when we spoke with Bev and John via skype and she asked me if I had done any puzzles, that I decided to google 'online jigsaws'.

The categories are listed down the left side!

And I was hooked!

There are several categories covering every subject that you could possibly think of, and each category contains pages of puzzles to choose from. These range from 50 pieces to 200 pieces or more. So, depending on how much time I have (i.e. how much time I have managed to shave off the chores of the day.............) I can do one or I can do five.......

In the beginning..................

I always start with the Puzzle of the Day and then go on from there!!

The sides first!

So, please forgive me if I have been a little tardy in writing the news of the Baai lately!

Last piece to go!

I have been busy. I have been getting high on puzzles, feeding the addiction and feeling the rush!

Puzzle completed............ Next!!

And the best part?

The cats can't knock the pieces about and I know that there is never a piece missing!

Now, excuse me please, the new puzzle of the day is there!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Must say I enjoy them too but nothing can compare to handling the pieces and fitting the last piece in!and what compares to the jot of a cat curled up in the box of pieces!!

Cathy D said...

I LOVE jigsaws, but daren't start one, because the house could burn down round my ears and I would still be looking to put in that next piece.....!!! If I start one on the iPad, I can't stop until it is finished... I have two programs on line - Jigsaw Bug and Magic Puzzles.

The nice thing about the online ones is that I can choose the number of pieces, and then Rogan can do them as well - far better than being glued to TV.....

Will have to look into the Daily Jigsaw puzzle program, and then blame you and Rob's sister for turning me into an addict - more than I already am...!!! xxxx