Wednesday 31 December 2014

2015...Here We Come, Ready Or Not!

'A New Year’s resolution goes in one year and out the other.’

Guess what? It's that time of the year.........again!
In a few hours, today will be 'last year' and we shall be facing a new one, 2015! I cannot believe how quickly the years are passing now, I am quite sure that they have removed a month or two, and there are only eight months in a year! 

I love this! (Thanks to Google)

We trimmed, bathed and brushed Alfie this morning, helped of course, by Basil who insisted on sitting on the table while I was trying to wield the scissors round him! And I thought that I shan't do this again until next year! I had that same thought when I was sweeping the veranda, no more cleaning until next year! (But I had that thought in August too, so maybe it doesn't count!)

I agree with this one!

I must admit that 2014 was a good year all in all, I saw my children, our health was good (that is more important than happiness at our age!), and we had some wonderful trips with Hyacinth. (I am not going to mention 'politics' however, that would spoil the whole thing and send my blood pressure sky high!)
And my third grandchild Sasha Gabriel arrived in September, so I shall be meeting him in April when Catherine and I fly to Mallorca. 
Rob and I and Alfie still live happily in our home-by-the-sea doing goodness know what every day, and we hope to do more of the same for as long as we can!


Looking at the cartoon above, I couldn't have said it more clearly! 
Hopefully we have another good year to look forward to.
To all my friends and family, as always, a Happy, Healthy (and some wealth would be nice too) 2015
See you next year!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My only concession to a new year is to buy a new exercise book, cover it, stick a picture of Durban beach-front on new years day (ogod!!) on the first page and begin a 2015 of articles, pictures and thoughts that make me laugh, cry or fume!!happy 2015!!

Anonymous said...

And a Very Happy New Year to you !

Pauline said...

Thank you very much.......whoever you are! Please comment more often, I love to get some feedback!