Friday 18 January 2013

Stick Family Robinson!


I have a confession to make.

I bought those little cartoon stick-family stickers to put on our caravan! I first saw them when I was in Dubai last year. A friend of my daughter had her family ranged along the rear window and I thought 'how cute'. Then I forgot all about them.

There's a whole range of them!

So, when Rob (jokingly) said that we should have two old toppies and a dog on the back of Gemsquash, I thought 'why not?' So yesterday I tracked them down at the Mall on my way to work at the Hospice Shop. And guess what? Grandparents have just been added to the range! Just as well because none of the other slim, computer holding or fishing rod clutching figures would have worked for us! I bought a trousered gran wearing a hat (I don't, but the other choice was a skirted, handbag-toting gran and that's really not me), and a grandpa holding a cup of coffee. They even have wrinkles, spectacles and a saggy midriff!

Wrinkles, spectacles and a 'boep'!

Choosing an ‘Alfie’ was the most difficult! I was hoping for a dog with a tennis ball, but the choice was plain standing dog, plain sitting dog, dog with a frisbee, dog with a bone, or a fluffy poodle-type dog. So I chose the sitting dog. I debated getting cat stickers and a tortoise one too, but the cats never travel with us and I have no idea where the tortoise is right now!

Now the debate is this: should Alfie be placed between us, or should it be Rob, me and then Alfie?

'Him, Her and Me' says Alfie!

Decisions, decisions!

No comments: