Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! Yes, well it won't be such a happy one for the elephants, as I heard on the news that over 3,000 were killed in 2011 for their ivory. (23 tons to be more or less precise, the most since 1989 when ivory trading was banned.) My heart sinks again, if it's not rhinos that are slaughtered needlessly, it's elephants. And when they are extinct, along with the rhinos? What then? Well I suppose the poachers will move on to their next victim, for horn, tusk, hoof, hair, whatever, until another species bites the dust. Literally. And all for nothing.

Rob and I sat up last night to see the new year in, hoping that there would be no fireworks, but although there were a few and Alfie went in to panting- shivery-heap mode, I guess it could have been worse. He refused to go and have his last minute ‘emptying’ before bed and slept quite happily for the remainder of the night. He must have a bladder the size of a camel’s as he wasn’t too desperate to go out this morning either!
So, what will 2012 bring? Hopefully some good news for us all, visits to and from my family, the usual wish to lose weight, (oh for some willpower, why am I not addicted to carrots?) I also wish that the aches and pains that are so noticeable in the morning fade away to nothing and stay away! For Rob and Alfie and me, caravan adventures, enough money to live comfortably and that the laughs and fun we have here in our village continue.

On the road again!!

And what more, really, could a person want?

Happy 2012 from us all!! Thanks to John Hilton for the photo.

Happy New Year to you all!

1 comment:

TJAK said...

Happy New Year my friend. What an awesome photo of a wonderful couple. I hope 2012 brings all you wish for. Love T